18 April 2009

Since I haven't talked about it at all

I guess I could talk about the new job a little bit.

I just realized I have been there about two months now. Surprisingly, I don't hate it. Then again, I don't love it. What I do love about it though is that, in a way, I'm my own boss. Sure, I have people to answer to, but I'm out in my truck, all day, doing my thing. No one is looking over my shoulder all day, telling me what to do, or how to do this or that; it's just me and the job at hand. Also, since the weather is getting nicer, it is truly amazing to be in God's house, just enjoying each day, working hard and getting done extremely early...like, 2 o'clock early. That is truly amazing.

See, the flipside of that is, of course, having to start work at 6 am every day. Then again, it hasn't even been difficult for me. All those years of working afternoons were harder on me than this. I love knowing that I have a certain amount of goals to complete to finish the day, and then, on average, I am home anywhere between 3 and 4 o'clock every day. You can't beat it.

The job itself isn't ideal; I mean, no way at (almost) 27 did I think that I'd be filling vending machines for a living, but having any kind of gainful employment at this time is a blessing and I don't question it: EVER! Also, I know who's fault it is that I don't have a "career." I know who screwed around and let life get the best of him way too many times in the past. I know who made the excuses for not finishing a degree and moving forward on what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

The pay is good, I have benefits for the first time in my adult life (and they don't kill us financially), and we (collectively, and I, myself) are happy. Isn't that all that really matters?

I'm not coming home anywhere between 10 and midnight, I'm not trying to please the implacable; and best of all, I don't have to work for someone who does not EVER, EVER think you're good enough, respect you, or treat you like a human being. That's probably the best part of this job: it isn't anything like my last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment