28 December 2008

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

Well, Christmas has come and gone and that's cool. We weren't really into the holiday season this year with recent events, but, hey, still loving the Almighty and His grace this Christmas season. Mostly just spent with both families because that is what you should do, and had an all around good time with the people who mean most.

And speaking of His grace, I have done surprisingly well on the "Make Myself Better" front, and I owe that all to Him. He has shown me patience and how to find inner strength against a battle I've fought all my life. I've gone from my sugar being unreadable to a 350 yesterday. Good? No. Better? Yes. My dad has been incredibly helpful through all this. With his own diabetes being around for the last ten years, he knows all the trade secrets, so to speak, to help me through this and not get overwhelmed. I've pretty much kicked the pop and fast food, the infection that was keeping me from exercising comfortably is just about gone, and my appetite has definitely started to curb, which has made everything a heck of a lot more manageable.

Anyways. Doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and then hopefully some good news...or at least better than recently. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment